apport information

** Attachment added: "ProcEnviron.txt"

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Window opened with shortcut custom global shortcut does not get focus

  I have a custom shortcut set to open google translate in firefox.  If
  I'm using firefox already, this key combination will open a new
  firefox window with translate, yet it will not have focus.

  This is problematic in that I must then type <alt><tab> to focus the

  1. create a custom shortcut to the command "/usr/bin/firefox --browser

  2. open a firefox window.
  3. type the shortcut.
  4. see that the window does not have focus (even if it may appear in front!)
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.10
  GsettingsChanges: enabled-extensions
['', '',
'', ''] enable-hot-corners true favorite-apps ['googleinbox.desktop',
'googlecalendar.desktop', 'org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop', 'firefox.desktop']
   org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-im-module 'gtk-im-context-simple'
   org.gnome.desktop.interface monospace-font-name 'Ubuntu Mono 11'
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty Zapus" - Release amd64 (20170412)
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  artful
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-32-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to artful on 2018-01-05 (47 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True