This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-drivers-common - 1:0.4.17.6
ubuntu-drivers-common (1:0.4.17.6) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
- Skip test_system_modaliases_system on s390x.
Fixes FTBFS (LP: #1728547).
ubuntu-drivers-common (1:0.4.17.5) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
[ Alberto Milone ]
- Drop the amdgpu-pro code introduced in the previous upload,
as it will be dealt with in a different upload.
[ Alex Tu ]
- Skip bbswitch, and make sure to unload the nvidia driver when
the force-dgpu-on option is enabled (LP: #1728547).
-- Alberto Milone <alberto.mil...@canonical.com> Mon, 22 Jan 2018
** Changed in: ubuntu-drivers-common (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Triaged => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-drivers-common in Ubuntu.
Backport amdgpu-pro support
Status in OEM Priority Project:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common source package in Xenial:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common source package in Zesty:
Support for the amdgpu-pro driver has been available in Artful since May
2017. We need to backport the code to the other stable releases.
1) Enable the -proposed repository, and install the new
2) Make sure the amdgpu-pro packages are installed (if not, install
them, and restart your system).
3) Check that power saving mode is supported:
If it returns true, then it is supported by the hardware.
4) Set power saving mode:
sudo amdgpu-pro-px --mode powersaving
5) Restart your computer and check that the "Enabling power saving
mode for amdgpu-pro" line is in your /var/log/gpu-manager.log.
6) Install the mesa-utils package:
sudo apt install mesa-utils
7) Check the output of the following command (which should mention Intel):
glxinfo | grep OpenGL
Low, as the feature is disabled by default, unless users set power saving
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp