This is still broken as of 3.20.4. I am linked to Google Calendars and
seeing 24hr format regardless of time format setting.

** Attachment added: "screen shot"

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-calendar in Ubuntu.

  Unable to schedule "PM" events in Gnome Calendar 3.20.2

Status in GNOME Calendar:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-calendar package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-calendar source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Users who have their computer time set to 12-hour time (AM/PM) instead of
24-hour are unable to schedule PM events in gnome-calendar. 12-hour time is the
default in the United States.

  The update fixes this issue and a few more.

  Test Case
  1. Open the Calendar app.
  2. Click on a date to schedule a new event. Click Edit Details.
  3. Are you able to set an event that starts and ends in the afternoon?

  Open the System Settings app. Click Time & Date. Switch time from
  12-hour to 24-hour (or the opposite). Repeat steps 1-3.

  4. Schedule a new event that starts on one day and ends on the next.
  Click the all-day box and hit Done.

  The event should span both days on the calendar.

  Regression Potential
  Low. This is a new upstream stable bugfix release and is recommended for all
distros shipping GNOME 3.20.

  The 3.20.3 release was insufficient and might have made things worse ( ), but for 3.20.4 I helped identify
  the git commits already applied in the 3.21 series to fix this issue.

  Original Bug Report
  The bug is 100% reproducible. I can schedule "AM" events and all day events,
but no "PM" events. I would expect the part of to advance after I had passed
noon, but I can keep cycling through the first 12 hours of the day.

  Package: gnome-calendar 3.20.2-0ubuntu0.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME