** Changed in: appstream-glib (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Robert Ancell (robert-ancell) => (unassigned)

Packages, which is subscribed to appstream-glib in Ubuntu.

  fwupd consuming very high cpu after startup/login

Status in appstream-glib package in Ubuntu:

  I believe this may be a regression (relapse of Bug #1591868 ).  I
  upgraded to yakkety the other day without major incident and have all
  "updates" checked in the Software and Sources GUI. But after booting
  and logging in just now, I see fwupd consuming two full cores without
  letup.

  In kern.log I see this line:

  fwupd[6242]: Failed to coldplug: UEFI firmware updating not supported

  Package: fwupd 0.7.2-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Wed Oct 26 19:49:20 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.1)
  SourcePackage: fwupd
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to yakkety on 2016-10-25 (1 days ago)