** Changed in: lame (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Ubuntu Security Team (ubuntu-security)

Packages, which is subscribed to lame in Ubuntu.

  [MIR] lame

Status in lame package in Ubuntu:

  Availability
  ============
  Built for all supported architectures. In sync with Debian.

  Rationale
  =========
  For the 1.14 series, GStreamer upstream moved MP3 encoding and decoding into
gst-plugins-good. These are installed by default, and so now we can have MP3
support in the default install. The desktop team would like this feature.

  For that, it uses some libraries and we'll need to put them in main.

  Security
  ========
  There are some CVEs in the history of the project.

  https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/lame
  https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/lame.html

  The Ubuntu CVE page lists some 'needed' ones but from looking at those
  ones in Debian they are duplicates and should be fixed already.

  Quality assurance
  =================
  Desktop team is subscribed.

  Bugs
  ----

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lame
  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=yes&src=lame

  I think they are reasonably calm given that this is a well known
  project.

  Dependencies

  We need libmp3lame0 in main, and this depends on libc6 only.

  Standards compliance

  4.1.1 and dh minimal style rules.

  Maintenance