- added package gnome-settings-daemon
- I should mention that I tried to figure out the key-code by using XEV, but it 
does not work

** Package changed: ubuntu => gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1754056

Title:
  assign shutdown command to sleep button fails 17.10 and 18.04

Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Hi,
  I'm running a GigaByte Brix with a wireless Logitech K400 Keyboard. The said 
keyboard features a "power off" button that is interpreted by Ubuntu as "Sleep" 
for some reason. On the 17.04 release it was possible to simply assign the 
shutdown command to this button and everything was fine.
  With 17.10 and 18.04 LTS (beta) the behaviour of this button can not be 
changed. If I try to assign my shutdown command and press the button, my system 
immediately enters suspend mode. Even if I try to simply read out the key code 
of the button it will directly go to suspend.
  Will there be a way of getting back the behaviour of 17.04 so that I can 
freely choose what this button does?

  Thanks!

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-settings-daemon/+bug/1754056/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to