I attached patch from ArchLinux AUR (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages
/xorg-server-bug865/, https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree
/freedesktop-bug-865.patch?h=xorg-server-bug865 ). This patch is stable
and reliable. ArchLinux users are happy with it.

It fixes current bug on Ubuntu Bionic Beaver 18.04 LTS.
I have tested it with <Ctrl+Shift> keyboard layout switcher on GNOME
(DESKTOP_SESSION="ubuntu") and MATE desktop (DESKTOP_SESSION="mate").

Please kindly review it and consider applying it before official final release
of 18.04 LTS.
I'm ready to test proposed packages which (I hope) you would create.
As the result Ubuntu users will be as happy as ArchLinux's users.

** Patch added: "Patch for Bionic Beaver 18.04 LTS, it fixes the problem"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-settings-daemon/+bug/1245473/+attachment/5072326/+files/freedesktop-bug-865.patch

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  Binding ctrl+shift, alt+shift, etc for switching keyboard layout makes
  shortcuts with ctrl+shift, etc not working in any program

Status in GNOME Settings Daemon:
  Fix Released
Status in GNOME Shell:
  Won't Fix
Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in X.Org X server:
  Confirmed
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Ubuntu:
Status in gnome-terminal package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in ALT Linux:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Debian:
  New
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Fedora:
  In Progress
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in openSUSE:

  Tried only with ctrl+shift, maybe behaves the same for other modifier
  key combinations when used as shortcut for switching layouts.

  - Set ctrl+shift as shortcut for switching keyboard layouts
  - Try to use ctrl+shift+v, ctrl+shift+c in Terminal -- it doesn't work
(actually Terminal window loses focus when ctrl+shift is pressed, and layout is
switched)

  ----------
  For other layout switching problems introduced in Ubuntu 13.10 you can see
bug 1218322.

  Package: gnome-settings-daemon 3.8.5-0ubuntu11.1
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Oct 28 16:40:02 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: gnome-settings-daemon