CurrentDesktop: Unity
Date: Sun Mar 11 14:23:55 2018
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-system-monitor
SourcePackage: gnome-system-monitor

** Affects: gnome-system-monitor (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug third-party-packages xenial

** Attachment added: "Evolution 120MB RAM-waste.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1754961/+attachment/5075811/+files/Evolution%20120MB%20RAM-waste.png

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu.

  Evolution RAM-waste of 120 MB

Status in gnome-system-monitor package in Ubuntu:

  This "BUG" affects the hidden evolution programs. Therfore I captured a
screenshot from gnome-system-monitor to show the problem.

  I don't use evolution and no other kind of calendar or mobile sync
  programs. So I was wundering why evolution uses 120 MB RAM!

  I disabled the hole evolution garbage with the following command and had no
side-effects:
  sudo mv /usr/lib/evolution/ /usr/lib/evolution-disabled/

  If you can solve this RAM-waste the propper way, this would be very
  appreciated! Please keep in mind than with Ubuntu 14.04 the RAM-waste
  of evolution was about 40MB.

  Package: gnome-system-monitor 3.18.2-1ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-36.40~16.04.1-generic 4.13.13
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-36-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.15
  Architecture: amd64