Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. Please execute the following command only once, as it will
automatically gather debugging information, in a terminal:
apport-collect 1754862

When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-
bug' and the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this
functionality at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs.

** Package changed: gdm3 (Ubuntu) => gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Screen remains active on lid close

  I have a Dell XPS 13 9370 (early 2018 model) with Ubuntu 17.04
  installed. I use the Gnome on XOrg session.

  When I close the laptop lid, I can see through the small (< 1mm)
  hairline crack that the screen is still active, showing the entire
  desktop. This happens only once I am logged in to the gnome shell
  session, I tried closing the lid before logging and the screen is
  correctly blanked.