Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to look at all
reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many changes in Ubuntu since
that time you reported the bug and your problem may have been fixed with some
of the updates. It would help us a lot if you could test it on a currently
supported Ubuntu version. When you test it and it is still an issue, kindly
upload the updated logs by running only once:
apport-collect 1236092

and any other logs that are relevant for this particular issue.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  nautilus hits SIGABRT: (NAUTILUS_IS_VIEW (callback_data))

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  I had nautilus open and wanted to play a flac file with vlc via
  context menu.

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
  Package: nautilus 1:3.8.2-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Oct  6 23:47:57 2013
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/nautilus
   b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'geometry' b"'925x1027+65+24'"
   b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'sidebar-width' b'205'
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcCmdline: nautilus -n
   PATH=(custom, user)
  Signal: 6
  SourcePackage: nautilus
   ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
   g_assertion_message () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
   g_assertion_message_expr () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
   ?? ()
   g_closure_invoke () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
  Title: nautilus crashed with SIGABRT in g_assertion_message()
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-10-06 (0 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo vboxusers