Hi Olivier,
No, I hadn't tried to install chromium at all - I merely used the one version
of chromium which came bundled with Budgie.

The output of that command was:
firefox.desktop
...which is interesting, given that by default, chromium is the only browser
installed in Budgie - at least in the daily builds.

Thanks,
Ken.
***

** Attachment added: "chromium is the only web browser installed in Budgie
daily build by default.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1754833/+attachment/5078858/+files/chromium%20is%20the%20only%20web%20browser%20installed%20in%20Budgie%20daily%20build%20by%20default.png

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromium complains that it's not the default browser when it is the
  default according to Gnome Settings

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  (As seen in a daily build of Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 32bit downloaded
  earlier today)

  See attached screenshot.

  Thanks,
  Ken.