And I've upgraded to the latest version (65.0.3325.146), and the
flickering is still present.

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromium address bar flickers and renders oddly

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  - As seen in yesterday's daily build of UB 18.04 32-bit, with updates
  applied today. Chromium Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build)

  See attached brief screencast, which I've tested can be viewed via
  VLC.

  Thanks,
  Ken.
  ***