Basically, yesterday I upgraded from 17.10 to 18.04 Bionic Beaver. At
the reboot, when I boot onto Ubuntu, after the GRUB has been shown, it
just boots to nothing, my screen display "No signal detected", although
I can hear the drum sound. Using nomodeset works but my computer is set
at a wrong frequency (stuck to 77Hz, even forcing via xrandr doesn't
work). So using nomodeset  I got into i3, downloaded mesa drivers and
tried radeon too, and rebooted. Now still shows no signal, but I can get
into a fluent 60Hz i3, if I go to recovery mode, then press normal boot.
The problem also with that is that GNOME doesn't work, when I leave i3,
log onto GNOME, it shows a blackscreen and just sends me back to the
login menu. I've noticed this error appeared at boot: [drm:amdgpu_init
[amdgpu]] *ERROR* VGACON disables amdgpu kernel modesetting.

Here's xrandr output: xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 1920 x 1080
default connected 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1920x1080      0.00*
   1280x1024      0.00
   1024x768       0.00
   800x600        0.00
   640x480        0.00

Thanks for any future help!

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
No signal after upgrading on 18.04
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.