It looks like this is also a duplicate of the bug 1735986

  Display scaling doesn't work properly on second display

  Ubuntu version 17.10

  I have a laptop with 2560x1440 display and a 1920x1080 BenQ display.
  The scale is set to 200% on the built-in display, but some windows are also
getting scaled on the second display.

  Attached screenshot demonstrates it. One terminal window I opened
  right on the second display, and one window I dragged from the first
  display.