Is there a way to ensure the script watch for a frozen process in order
to kill it ?

---
j@dt:~$ file $(which firefox)
/usr/bin/firefox: symbolic link to `../lib/firefox-3.6.24/firefox.sh'
j@dt:~$ ls -l $
---

  [Firefox 3.6.23] Impossible to open firefox because firefox-bin
  process is still running

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “flashplugin-nonfree” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “firefox” source package in Lucid:
  Triaged
Status in “flashplugin-nonfree” source package in Lucid:
  Triaged
Status in “firefox” source package in Maverick:
  Triaged
Status in “flashplugin-nonfree” source package in Maverick:

  After upgrading firefox to version 3.6.23 few days ago, firefox does
  not work properly.

  At firt use after computer starting, firefox works well.
  It is possible to close firefox without any issue.
  But at second starting, firefox indicates it is impossible to launch firefox
because firefox-bin process is still running.
  The workaround is to restart the computer, or simply kill the firefox-bin
process.

  This behaviour happened right after upgrading firefox to version
  3.6.23, and is systematic with the profil user I use (it's an admin
  user).

  I tested with another profil (non admin) on the computer: The problem
  has not been reproduced.

  System is 10.04 LTS (kernel 2.6.32-33 generic)