** Also affects: firefox (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: ubuntu-mate

   Firefox crashes at start on armv7L after 55.0.1 update

  Firefox crash after update and ...

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  I contact you by email, to inform you of a Bug with Firefox, on Ubuntu
  MATE 16.04.2 (ubuntu-mate-16.04.2-desktop-armhf-raspberry-pi.img).

  It has been more than a year since this problem appeared.

  I summarize:

  - I prepare and install Ubuntu Mate on the SD card for Raspeberry Pi
  3, without make update,upgrade and rpi-update (First Boot).

  => Firefox works well!

  - I update the OS:

  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get upgrade
  sudo rpi-update
  sudo reboot

  - All works normally, except Firefox, which displays a crash window
  and sends crash data to Firefox.org.

  Currently, I use the closest Google Chrome, but it's frankly "shit".

  Thank you for remedying this problem.