Hi,
I would like to confirm that this bug affects Xenial, too. Both conditions from
#5 are fulfilled, too.  To work around I follow the suggestion from #4.

Packages, which is subscribed to baobab in Ubuntu.

  baobab is not able to read a mounted encrypted home directory

Status in baobab package in Ubuntu:

  i was trying to find out what is using a lot of space on my system.

  Its using the default home-encryption from ubuntu.
  The home belongs to "michael". The home is mounted (see screenshot attached)
but baobab is only showing the .Private part. baobab was started as "michael"

  Its not showing ~/Documents and so on, just the encrypted files.

  It would be great if baobab could read the mounted part which contains
  ~/Documents and so on

  Package: baobab 3.6.4-0ubuntu1
  Date: Sun May 26 10:00:00 2013
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: baobab
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to raring on 2013-05-06 (19 days ago)