** Summary changed:

- gdm and lightdm stop afetr upgrade
+ gdm and lightdm stop after upgrade

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gdm in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1574593

Title:
  gdm and lightdm stop after upgrade

Status in gdm package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  After upgrade to 16.04 from 15.10 Ubuntu 64bit, with gnome desktop,
  gdm stop working.

  I had this error:
  [OK] started  GNOME display Manager.kernel module....ct mapper.ndemand".... 
link was shut down....

  and the GDM graphical login screen don't appear.
  I've tried to switch to lightdm, the login screen appear, but it's impossible 
to start any installed dtm (gnome/gnome classic or ubuntu/unity)

  Than i've tried to install also swift, but i've found the same
  problem.

  Now, i've tried to install the complete lubuntu-desktop, it's also don't 
start, but the LDXE desktop yes, 
  For now im'using LDXE, but I need to reuturn to gnome...
  Please help !

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/1574593/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to