[Expired for xorg (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)
       Status: Incomplete => Expired

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1731397

Title:
  Cant find video driver for Acer Aspire One GZ5

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  What i exptected to happen:
  Install Lubuntu 17.10 and have no problems with video drivers

  What happened instead:
  Freshly installed Lubuntu 17.10 has problems with video drivers. Especifying 
nomodeset makes it usable but it's not optimal and the max resolution i'm 
getting is 800x600. 

  Whenever I install Lubuntu and try to get to the desktop, there is an
  about 80% of the screen that is black, and the remaining 20% is
  normal. I don't know if it is because of the driver, but

  sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel
  [sudo] password for freddy: 
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree       
  Reading state information... Done
  xserver-xorg-video-intel is already the newest version 
(2:2.99.917+git20170309-0ubuntu1).
  xserver-xorg-video-intel set to manually installed.
  0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

  This tells me that supposedly the driver is installed.

  This is the output of lscpci -v that shows the part of the video
  chipset:

  freddy@freddy-PC:~$ sudo lspci -v
  00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GSE Express Memory 
Controller Hub (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Mobile 945GSE Express Memory 
Controller Hub
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
        Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=09 <?>

  00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GSE Express 
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Mobile 945GSE Express Integrated 
Graphics Controller
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
        Memory at 58480000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        I/O ports at 60c0 [size=8]
        Memory at 40000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        Memory at 58500000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
        Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
        Kernel modules: i915, intelfb

  00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML 
Express Integrated Graphics Controller
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
        Memory at 58400000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2

  I just want my video to work ok. I installed the Intel microcode
  propietary driver and it doesnt seem to work either. I have to hard
  power down the pc because the reboot button that i can see in the 20%
  of the screen that is viewable doesnt work at all. I'm using the
  latest lubuntu, 17.10.

  freddy@freddy-PC:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Description:  Ubuntu 17.10
  Release:      17.10

  
  freddy@freddy-PC:~$ apt-cache policy xorg
  xorg:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 1:7.7+19ubuntu3
    Version table:
       1:7.7+19ubuntu3 500
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main i386 Packages

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.10
  Package: xorg (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-16.19-generic 4.13.4
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-16-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.1
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: LXDE
  Date: Fri Nov 10 01:16:59 2017
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-11-10 (0 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release i386 (20171017.1)
  SourcePackage: xorg
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1731397/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : desktop-packages@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to