Public bug reported:

What happened:

I tried to install Ora from gnome-software 3.20.5-0ubuntu0.16.04.8. The
install button showed the initialised progress state, but never updated.
Dropping to the terminal I could see with snap changes that the task had
errored (because of a 503 talking to the store).

What should happen:

The UI should provide some indication that the install was not
successful.

** Affects: gnome-software (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  No feedback when snap installation fails

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu: