** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Jeremy Bicha (jbicha)

** Tags removed: rls-bb-incoming

** Also affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Bionic)

  [bionic] Extended characters in GNOME screen keyboard don't get
  entered

Status in gnome-shell source package in Bionic:

  I filed this bug upstream last month but it hasn't gotten much
  attention so I'm filing it here because I think we need to track this
  issue for the Ubuntu 18.04 release

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/109

  Test Case
  ---------
  1. Open the Settings app. Click Universal Access.
  2. Enable the Screen Keyboard. (Optionally, turn on "Always Show Universal
Access Menu" to make turning the Screen Keyboard on and off easier.)
  3. Open Text Editor
  4. Click the u button on the Screen Keyboard
  5. Long-press the u button on the Screen Keyboard for a few seconds. On the
popup, click the ΓΌ character.

  What Happens
  In Step 4, u is entered in the Text Editor document.

  Nothing is entered in Step 5.

  This bug affects any of the "extended characters" clicked on from the
  long-press popup in the Screen Keyboard.