Hello Dark Dragon,

thank for taking the time to report this bug.

Because your problem had been reported in bug #1755023, I am marking
this as a duplicate and Ubuntu as affected in bug #1755023.

If you want to give further informations or discuss about this problem
use bug bug #1755023 please.

Best Regards

Vej

** Also affects: deja-dup

   Restore ignores what I type into the folder box

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  restore only does not use information from "folder" text field

Status in Déjà Dup:
  New
Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu:

  I want to restore files from a server backup. I do not want to create
  a backup.

  So I click in the "Overview" tab the "Restore" button and then select
  my Nextcloud server and enter something in the "Folder" field. This
  does not work

  When I enter the information in "Storage location" and then start the
  restore, it works. When I click again on "Restore" and change the
  information in the "Folder" field, it still uses the old folder (the
  one in "Storage location").

  So my conclusion is that the "Folder" field in the "Restore" dialog is
  just ignored and the information from "Storage location" is used
  instead.

  Can someone confirm?