** Changed in: gnome-settings-daemon

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  eject hotkey fails to eject cd

Status in GNOME Settings Daemon:
  Expired
Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Dell E1505 inspiron laptop.  Fn-F10 hotkey combo ejects cd/dvd tray on
  jaunty and earlier versions of gnome, but fails on lucid gnome.

  When I hit Fn-F10, the eject on-screen-display icon appears, but the
  cd does not open.  I've checked the tray on another OS and it works
  with that key combo, so it's not a hardware problem.

  The output from xev when I press Fn-F10 is:

  MappingNotify event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
      request MappingKeyboard, first_keycode 8, count 248

  FocusOut event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x5c00001,
      mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

  FocusIn event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x5c00001,
      mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

  KeymapNotify event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
      keys:  4294967213 0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
0
             0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0

  The fact that the eject on-screen-display icon pops up makes me think
  this has nothing to do with failure to recognize the key input, and
  more likely relates to how gnome processes the XF86Eject command.

  For example, if I install xdotool and enter 'xdotool key XF86Eject' in
  a console, I see the same result.  The o-s-d icon appears, but the
  cd/dvd fails to open.

  Entering 'eject' in the console results in the cd/dvd opening.

  Not sure what else you need, but let me know.