Public bug reported:

Hello,

kubuntu 18.04 beta 1

I often use :

X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true
X-KDE-Username=root

in the file ".desktop" for applications who may have root id.

Example, luckybackup, system-config-samba....

No bug in a plasma session.

With wayland, using the same desktop, the application asked for passwd
and then stop.

I understood that is for security reasons. That's means all the
"graphics" applications needing root id are prohibited.

Sorry, english is not my native langage.

** Affects: wayland (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  Hello,

  kubuntu 18.04 beta 1

  I often use :

  X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true
  X-KDE-Username=root

- in the file ".desktop" for applications who me have root id.

-
- With wayland, using the same desktop, the application asked for passwd and
then stop.
-
+ With wayland, using the same desktop, the application asked for passwd
+ and then stop.

  Sorry, english is not my native langage.

Packages, which is subscribed to wayland in Ubuntu.

  X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true / root can't be used in wayland

Status in wayland package in Ubuntu: