** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1750947
   pulseaudio print lots of error when selecting unavailable profile

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  while playing video computer becomes unresponsive

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  When I was playing a flash video the screen froze and the audio continued a
bit and then stopped for a minute or so and then started for a few seconds
again. I was able to ssh into my laptop and save the logs. Syslog said:
  pulseaudio[2242]: [alsa-sink] alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_avail() returned a value
that is exceptionally large: 591416 bytes (3352 ms).
  pulseaudio[2242]: [alsa-sink] alsa-util.c: Most likely this is a bug in the
ALSA driver 'snd_hda_intel'. Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
  so I did. The full logs are attached. This bug happens often but I can't
reliably reproduce it and it seems very random.