Yeah, getting a backport would be nice! Thanks!

  [Upstream] Additional Information boxes -> black text on dark gray
  background

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Confirmed
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  1) Release:
  Release:        11.10
  KDE-Desktop

  2) apt-cache policy libreoffice
  libreoffice:
    Installiert: (keine)
    Kandidat:    1:3.4.3-3ubuntu2
    Versionstabelle:
       1:3.4.3-3ubuntu2 0
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric/main amd64 Packages

  3) If I move the mouse over a libre-office-button, there should open
  an on mouseover explanation field.

  4) The text color of these explanation field is black with a dark gray, so I
can't read anything.
       I have also tried it with an empty ~./libreoffice directory. -> same
result
       OpenGL or Xrender -> same result

  A screenshot with my mouse over the document-open-button (mouse is not
  visible):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/868641/+attachment/2514435/+files/screenshot.png

  WORKAROUND: System Settings -> Application Appearance -> Colors ->
  Colors -> Color set: Common Colors -> change Tooltip Background

  ---
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu2
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Beta amd64+mac
(20110921.2)
  Package: libreoffice 1:3.4.3-3ubuntu2
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
  Tags:  oneiric
  UserGroups: admin cdrom dialout dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare vboxusers video