Thanks for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. We appreciate the difficulties you are facing, but this appears
to be a "regular" (non-security) bug.  I have unmarked it as a security
issue since this bug does not show evidence of allowing attackers to
cross privilege boundaries nor directly cause loss of data/privacy.
Please feel free to report any other bugs you may find.

** Information type changed from Private Security to Public

  The "Search" input field of "New Tab" of the Firefox browser can not
  be used depending on the theme.

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Japanese environment)

  kernel: 4.15.0-20-generic
  GNOME Tweaks 3.28.1
  GTK+ 3.22.30
  Firefox Quantum 59.0.2(64 bit)

  In "Adwaita-dark" theme, "Search" input field of "New Tab" of Firefox
  browser can not be used.

  1. Install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS in Japanese, with minimum configuration.
  2. Install the "GNOME Tweaks" application.
  3. Launch the "GNOME Tweaks" application and specify the "Appearance" tab ->
Application: "Adwaita - dark".
  4. Start Firefox and open "New Tab".
  5. The above "URL address input field" is black, but since the input
character is white, it is possible to judge the input character.
  6. The "Search the web" entry below it is also black. The character I entered
is black. So, I can not use it because I can not see the characters.

  [Workaround](?)
  Click the "gear" icon on the right side of the "Web search" input field, open
the "New tab setting" screen and uncheck "Search".
  The "Web search" input field disappears.

  ---

  Package: firefox 59.0.2+build1-0ubuntu1
  AddonCompatCheckDisabled: False
  BuildID: 20180406121424