@Sponsor team,

Please help submit the build request to the queue.

thx.

** Patch added: "pulseaudio_8.0-0ubuntu3.10.debdiff"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1767784/+attachment/5131910/+files/pulseaudio_8.0-0ubuntu3.10.debdiff

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  [regression] output device not recognized anymore since update
  1:8.0-0ubuntu3.9

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  SRU Document:

  [Impact]

  The 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.9 introduced a new problem on the machines which do
  not have internal speaker on them. With the 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.8, even
  there is no internal speaker and nothing plugged in the audio jack,
  the profile is still set available, then the active profile is analog-
  stereo; while with the 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.9, the profile is set to
  unavailable, and the active profile is off, after users plug sth in
  the audio jack, the active profile will not switch automatically, need
  users to switch manually, this change is unfriendly to users.

  [Test Case]

  On the machines without internal speaker, open sound-setting and check
  if there is some output devices in the UI, and play sound from the UI.
  Under 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.9 there is no output device, and can't play
  sound; under 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.8 there is output device, and can play
  sound.

  [Regression Potential]

  This is a revert, after reverting, the content of pulseaudio is
  exactly same as 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.8

  [Other Info]

  none

  Since the update 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.8 to 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.9 , pulseaudio is not
showing anymore my soundcard.

  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/1:8.0-0ubuntu3.9

  The command "pacmd list-sinks" only shows a dummy output

  When running on a fresh install of ubuntu 16.04, the sound is ok.
  When updating the install with locking the following files to version
1:8.0-0ubuntu3 the sound keeps working:
  libpulse0:amd64
  libpulse-mainloop-glib0:amd64
  libpulse-dev:amd64
  pulseaudio-module-x11:amd64
  pulseaudio-module-bluetooth:amd64
  pulseaudio-utils:amd64

  When updating to 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.9, I just get a "dummy output".

  I tried running the following versions of Ubuntu (live usb), and get the same
issue (no need to update to get the problem)
  17.04
  17.10
  18.04

  I attached the result of command "pactl list"
  I have also generated logs during the boot but I don't know how to attach
multiple files