Removing amdgpu-pro by running "amdgpu-pro-uninstall" from ubuntu
recovery mode solved this problem for me.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu stuck in loop at boot after upgrade from 17.10 to 18.04

Status in xdiagnose package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  * I did a do-release-upgrade -d
  * After the upgrade was done, I rebooted

  Result:

  My computer was stuck in a boot loop, showing alternatively a black
  screen, a text log and a set of random pixels.

  Here is a GIF of the loop: https://imgur.com/zGGTzma

  As I had to make my computer work again I had to reinstal Ubuntu from
  a 18.04 live USB stick, so I'm not sure if I could get information
  from the previous installation. Reinstalling made my computer work
  fine with 18.04. I just need to reinstall all my applications.

  I had an external Mesa installation on 17.10 from Padoka Stable PPA.
  May it be related? At the moment, Mesa version from Padoka Stable is
  18.0.0~*~padoka0, whereas after a 18.04 reinstall it is 18.0.0-rc5

  Note: I tried to boot in safe mode with graphics, but it does not start, I
get this error in the console:
  /usr/share/xdiagnose/failsafeXinit: line 194 : [: == : unary operator expected

  Package: ubuntu-release-upgrader-core 1:18.04.13
  CrashDB: ubuntu
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Apr  8 08:56:54 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64 (20180403)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)