I'm using 1:3.26.3-0ubuntu4

Attached is a screenshot demonstrating the problem

** Attachment added: "screenshot of nautilus bug"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1767027/+attachment/5138067/+files/nautilus_search_bug.png

  Search current folder only in nautilus 3.26.3 doesn't work (Ubuntu
  18.04)

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  I upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04 prerelease from Ubuntu 17.10 and am finding
  that Nautilus searches all subfolders when I start typing, not just
  the present folder, even though I have the "search only current
  folder" option selected in its preferences, and "Only searching the
  current folder" does appear in the GUI as I am searching. Nonetheless
  results appear from subfolders (which I wouldn't mind, but which I
  turn off due to its poor performance compared to current-folder-only).