Thanks Daniel,

the core file I got from the crash (in my home dir) shows as

core: ELF 64-bit LSB core file x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), SVR4-style,
from '/usr/bin/Xwayland :0 -rootless -terminate -accessx -core -listen 4
-listen 5 -d', real uid: 1000, effective uid: 1000, real gid: 1000,
effective gid: 1000, execfn: '/usr/bin/Xwayland', platform: 'x86_64'

If I try to run "ubuntu-bug core" on it, I get a dialog saying that the
problem cannot be reported because the core is about a snap published by
Canonical.

  Temporary screen freeze when coming back from screen standby

  When waking up the PC screen from standby, quite often the screen freezes for
10-20s.
  I can't move the mouse or type anything. After a while, it unfreezes.
  This is quite annoying because often the freeze is long enough to send the
screen to standby again for absence of singal, so then I have to wake it up and
wait again.

  This is not 100% reproducible but happens very frequently, both when
  the screen is locked and when it's not.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.28.1-0ubuntu2
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME