Thank you for reporting this bug to Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) reached end-of-life on April 28, 2017.

See this document for currently supported Ubuntu releases:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

We appreciate that this bug may be old and you might not be interested
in discussing it any more. But if you are then please upgrade to the
latest Ubuntu version and re-test. If you then find the bug is still
present in the newer Ubuntu version, please add a comment here telling
us which new version it is in and change the bug status to Confirmed.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  nautilus add additional leading slash

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  In some cases Nautilus adds an additional leading slash to file path
  which makes some programs fail (libreoffice for example).

  Seems to be related to remote files mounted via smbnetfs.

  When I double click on some file it doesn't open, libreoffice just
  closes without any message.

  If I drag some file from nautilus to gnome-terminal I can see that an
  additional slash is added. for example:

  this file path:       '/home/muzzol/NetSMB/networking/test.odt'

  is converted to:  '//home/muzzol/NetSMB/networking/test.odt'

  and libreoffice fails to open it.

  Not shure how nautilus identifies a path as a network path, but it seems that
is somehow affecting absolute path formation.

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      12.04

  $ dpkg -l | grep nautilus
  ii  libnautilus-extension1a                1:3.4.2-0ubuntu3
     libraries for nautilus components - runtime version
  ii  nautilus                               1:3.4.2-0ubuntu3
     file manager and graphical shell for GNOME
  ii  nautilus-data                          1:3.4.2-0ubuntu3
     data files for nautilus
  ii  nautilus-sendto                        3.0.1-2ubuntu2
     integrates Evolution and Pidgin into the Nautilus file manager
  ii  nautilus-sendto-empathy                3.4.2.1-0ubuntu1
     GNOME multi-protocol chat and call client (nautilus-sendto plugin)
  ii  nautilus-share                         0.7.3-1ubuntu2
     Nautilus extension to share folder using Samba