** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.

  Logout after console use freezes GUI

Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  Ubuntu 17.10 64 bit
  GNOME 3.26.2
  nVIDIA GeForce GT620 driver 384.111
  X-server 11.0, v1.19.5
  Orca + braille enabled

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      17.10

  $ apt-cache policy gdm3
  gdm3:
    Installed: 3.26.1-3ubuntu3
    Candidate: 3.26.1-3ubuntu3
    Version table:
   *** 3.26.1-3ubuntu3 500
          500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       3.26.1-3ubuntu2 500
          500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main amd64 Packages

  Every now and then, I use the console-terminals (Ctrl+Alt+F2-F6). When I'm
done there, I logout (exit or Ctrl+D). The problem I describe occurs both when
logged in graphically, or not. So it doesn't matter if there is a running GUI
session.

  GDM then shows me a graphical screen with the clock and a mouse
  pointer. The pointer does no longer move. On my braille display, I can
  read the standard login prompt ("hostname-login:", then "password:").
  I can login using the keyboard and access the console this way (blind,
  without any visual change).

  What happens:
  I can not get back to the standard GDM user selection, i.e. login form.

  What would I expect:
  I would like to be presented the GDM user selection form

  If you need more info, please ask.
  Kind regards,

  FWieP