Public bug reported:

I saw already on several machines with Ubuntu 18.04, that at loading it
is impossible to select users and to enter the password for an input,
only the pure screen. If you switch to another console and log in under
any user name and return to the graphical console, the selection menu
appears

** Affects: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Sometime cannot enter to Ubuntu 18.04

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu: