Public bug reported:

In this scenario, I have a Calc cell with formatted text (italics,
underlining, boldface, font color etc.). Now if I want to change the
formatting of a part of that same cell afterwards, I would naturally
select the cell, go to the input line, select the part I want to change
and press the appropriate keyboard shortcut, e.g. Ctrl-I for italics.
Now the problem is that if the cursor is on the input line, pressing
Ctrl removes all formatting from that cell. Doing the same in the table
view does not have the same effect, so I can change the formatting of
text with keyboard shortcuts as much as I want in the table view. The
expected behavior would be for the cell to keep its formatting even if I
try to use keyboard shortcuts on the input line.

Description:    Ubuntu 17.10
Release:        17.10

libreoffice-calc:
  Installed: 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
  Candidate: 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
  Version table:
 *** 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1 500
        500 http://mr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates/main amd64 
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.5 500
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-security/main amd64 
Packages
     1:5.4.1-0ubuntu1 500
        500 http://mr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main amd64 Packages

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.10
Package: libreoffice-calc 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-41.46-generic 4.13.16
Uname: Linux 4.13.0-41-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.8
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Mon May 21 18:12:06 2018
InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-02-13 (462 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" - Release amd64 (20161012.2)
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=fi_FI.utf-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: libreoffice
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to artful on 2017-11-05 (196 days ago)

** Affects: libreoffice (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug artful wayland-session

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to libreoffice in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1772469

Title:
  Pressing Ctrl on the input line in Calc removes all formatting

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  In this scenario, I have a Calc cell with formatted text (italics,
  underlining, boldface, font color etc.). Now if I want to change the
  formatting of a part of that same cell afterwards, I would naturally
  select the cell, go to the input line, select the part I want to
  change and press the appropriate keyboard shortcut, e.g. Ctrl-I for
  italics. Now the problem is that if the cursor is on the input line,
  pressing Ctrl removes all formatting from that cell. Doing the same in
  the table view does not have the same effect, so I can change the
  formatting of text with keyboard shortcuts as much as I want in the
  table view. The expected behavior would be for the cell to keep its
  formatting even if I try to use keyboard shortcuts on the input line.

  Description:  Ubuntu 17.10
  Release:      17.10

  libreoffice-calc:
    Installed: 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
    Candidate: 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
    Version table:
   *** 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1 500
          500 http://mr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates/main amd64 
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.5 500
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-security/main amd64 
Packages
       1:5.4.1-0ubuntu1 500
          500 http://mr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main amd64 Packages

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.10
  Package: libreoffice-calc 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-41.46-generic 4.13.16
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-41-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon May 21 18:12:06 2018
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-02-13 (462 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" - Release amd64 (20161012.2)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=fi_FI.utf-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to artful on 2017-11-05 (196 days ago)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1772469/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to