http://prime.parkmeterlebanon.com

Peter Johnson

Packages, which is subscribed to openoffice.org in Ubuntu.

  Open office crashes with Crux Theme

Status in openoffice.org package in Ubuntu:

  I tried to insert a gif graphic in a document and as soon as I did
  open office locked up solid.  I had to force quit.  when I opened
  office again it brought up the recovery dialog.  After it was
  recovered the same thing happened again.  if I cancel the recovery and
  start with a new document it still locks up when a gif is inserted.
  If I click on help, even in a new blank document. it goes to the
  recovery dialog.  Every time I open the office program it brings up
  the recovery dialog even though I have previously cancelled it. The
  gif is one that was created in GIMP and is saved on my HDD.  The only
  other thing I had done in the document was to create a header and a
  single line of text. I had not saved it when it locked up since I had
  not really done any work on it yet.  I have never tried to insert a
  graphic before but it seems pretty straight forward.  click 'Insert'.
  select 'Picture' and click on 'From File', then locate your file on
  your hdd and click on it.  As soon as it inserts the picture, open
  office locks up.

   I sure hope that this does not mean I am going to have to go back to
  windows xp and ms word to create documents.

  UPDATE:

  The Crux theme is the one I chose to use. This had been no problem in
  fiesty fawn but there I had made no other changes to it except to
  change the icon set to the human icons. After installing Gutsy I also
  changed the color to a brighter purple this is where I ran into
  problems. Any time I changed the color to the Crux theme open office
  would start crashing.

  here is the work around that I figured out.

  1 - Select the Human theme
  2 - change the border to the crux border
  3 - then select the color you wish to use
  4 - Smile  :-)

  Hope that helps.  sure wish I knew how to program.  One more thing on
  my list of things to do.

  Thanks,

  Torfinn