** Branch linked: lp:~khurshid-alam/+junk/ubuntu-settings-lp-1772798

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-settings in Ubuntu.

  Unity: Force start background plugin

Status in ubuntu-settings package in Ubuntu:

  If a user, already running a Gnome session upgrades or install unity
  by installing unity-session, background plugin doesn't start
  automatically. This plugin has been removed from gnome-settings-daemon
  and since gsd doesn't use it, it gets turned off.

  The background plugin is necessary to sync background related settings
  (wallpaper, sound, messages) with unity-greeter. If it doesn't start
  with u-s-d, changing wallpaper will not change the background of
  unity-greeter.

  The change was introduced in https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~unity-
  settings-daemon-team/unity-settings-daemon/trunk/revision/4179

  This can be done in gsettings-override (In unity specific section)

  [org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.background:Unity]
  active = true

  Merge should happen against https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-
  desktop/+junk/ubuntu-settings

  Since it's a +junk, I can't request merge proposals. I am also
  attaching the diff here.