I can confirm the bug. However, the bug reported on gnome's bugzilla is
very old. I've been using ubuntu gnome 16.04 for the last two years and
everything worked fine. I've seen this bug for the first time trying out
ubuntu 17.10, so I would conclude it's either related to ubuntu's
customization of gnome, or to gnome versions >3.18

** Tags added: bionic

** Description changed:

  I have disabled workspaces on primary display only, and I have enabled
  workspaces to span displays, in tweak tool.
  
  Now things mostly work how I expect. Windows are isolated to the
  workspace they are and I can move them between displays (monitors). The
  issue is if I go into an overview mode. Then, for the primary display, I
  see only windows from my current workspace. But for the secondary
  display, I see windows from all workspaces being shown in the overview
  mode.
  
  I would expect that only the windows from the current workspace are
  shown also on the secondary display in the overview mode.
  
  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.10
  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-25.29-generic 4.13.13
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-25-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Jan 17 02:19:13 2018
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-11-20 (57 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64 (20171018)
  ProcEnviron:
-  TERM=xterm-256color
-  PATH=(custom, no user)
-  XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
-  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
-  SHELL=/bin/bash
+  TERM=xterm-256color
+  PATH=(custom, no user)
+  XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
+  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
+ 
+ This bug also affects the new LTS release:
+ 
+ ProblemType: Bug
+ DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
+ Package: gnome-shell 3.28.1-0ubuntu2
+ ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-22.24-generic 4.15.17
+ Uname: Linux 4.15.0-22-generic x86_64
+ NonfreeKernelModules: talpa_vfshook talpa_pedconnector talpa_pedevice 
talpa_vcdevice talpa_core talpa_linux talpa_syscallhook nvidia_modeset nvidia
+ ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7
+ Architecture: amd64
+ CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
+ Date: Wed May 23 15:25:07 2018
+ DisplayManager: gdm3
+ ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-shell
+ InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-05-18 (5 days ago)
+ InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
+ SourcePackage: gnome-shell
+ UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Tags removed: wayland-session

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1743736

Title:
  In overview, windows from all workspaces are shown for the second
  display (when using "Workspaces span displays")

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I have disabled workspaces on primary display only, and I have enabled
  workspaces to span displays, in tweak tool.

  Now things mostly work how I expect. Windows are isolated to the
  workspace they are and I can move them between displays (monitors).
  The issue is if I go into an overview mode. Then, for the primary
  display, I see only windows from my current workspace. But for the
  secondary display, I see windows from all workspaces being shown in
  the overview mode.

  I would expect that only the windows from the current workspace are
  shown also on the secondary display in the overview mode.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.10
  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-25.29-generic 4.13.13
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-25-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Jan 17 02:19:13 2018
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-11-20 (57 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64 (20171018)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

  This bug also affects the new LTS release:

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: gnome-shell 3.28.1-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-22.24-generic 4.15.17
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-22-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: talpa_vfshook talpa_pedconnector talpa_pedevice 
talpa_vcdevice talpa_core talpa_linux talpa_syscallhook nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed May 23 15:25:07 2018
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-shell
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-05-18 (5 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-shell/+bug/1743736/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to