Public bug reported:

On Ubuntu 18.04, I can't anymore copy a file using the 'cp' command on a
gvfs mount.

For example, If I try to copy the file test.odp on a SMB shared folder,
like this:

cp -v test.odp /run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-
share:domain=XXXXX,server=xxxxx,share=xxx,user=xxxxx/<some folder>

I get the following error:

cp: cannot fstat '/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-
share:domain=XXXXX,server=xxxxx,share=xxx,user=xxxxx/<some
folder>/test.odp': Invalid argument

If I copy the file using the command 'gio copy', then it works as
expected.

This used to work in Ubuntu 16.04.

Of course, I don't know if the problem is in the gvfs package or in some
underlying component...

System: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) 64-bit
Kernel: 4.15.0-22-generic x86_64
Package: gvfs 1.36.1-0ubuntu1

** Affects: gvfs (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  Cannot copy file using 'cp' on a gvfs mount

Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu: