** Changed in: firefox

  Open file with external application broken

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Unknown
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in firefox-3.0 package in Ubuntu:

  System Kubuntu 8.04 beta, upgraded from 7.10 over the internet.
  When I click on i.e. a link to a PDF file in Firefox, I am offered a choice
of "open with Firefox 3.0b4" (no other applications listed in the menu) or
"save file" (the default choice).  When I drop down the "open with" menu,
select "other..." and press "Cancel" in the dialogue box which appears, "open
with Firefox 3.0b4" changes to "open with kpdf (default)".