Public bug reported:

/etc/gdm3/Init/Default is not evaluated on my fresh install of Ubuntu
18.04 (minimal).

I replaced this file by one with the following content to test it:

#!/bin/sh
touch /tmp/a
touch /mnt/a

After a reboot, these files are not available.

When I use the same file for /etc/gdm3/PostLogin/Default, it works.

** Affects: gdm3 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.

  /etc/gdm3/Init/Default not evaluated

Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu: