** Changed in: ubuntu-report (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Didier Roche (didrocks)

** Changed in: ubuntu-report (Ubuntu Bionic)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Didier Roche (didrocks)

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-report in Ubuntu.

  Delay reporting of system metrics when there is no network while
  running g-i-s

Status in ubuntu-report package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ubuntu-report source package in Bionic:

  [Impact]

   * When users are running gnome-initial-setup (first login), if they don't
have any network configured, the metrics reports silently drop the request. We
are thus ignoring those reports.
   * There is now the willingness to have those reports included. The less
intrusive way is to drop a pending report file and then having a service (only
activated by a systemd path unit) started, doing exponential backoff until a
network is detected. It doesn't impact thus CPU or network usage.
   * Reusing the previously pending report ensure we really send that data that
the user acked upon.

  [Test Case]

   * Disconnect from any network
   * Run ubuntu-report send yes
   * Check that there is a pending report in ~/.cache/ubuntu-report
   * Connect to a network
     -> the file should disappear and be sent after a couple of minutes.

  [Regression Potential]

   * The feature has been heavily tested and backed by new tests.
   * Any error is already ignored by gnome-initial-setup, so we would end up in
the same situation than today.

  ---

  We need to provide a way to still report them (save for later and collect via
a service)