Public bug reported:

Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on
Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit)

local-link IPv6 adresses (fe80::/10) are tricky. Network interface has
to be added to tell OS what interface to use (all network interfaces
have address with prefix fe80::)

So this is an example, simple demo that CURL can handle such address
well.

First, IPv6 address without interface, it fails, OS don't know what
interface to use

user@test:~$ curl http://[fe80::87f4:81fa:b481:d781]/test.html
curl: (7) Couldn't connect to server

Second, IPv6 address with interface (%enp4s0, it is NIC to local LAN).
It works.

user@test:~$ curl http://[fe80::87f4:81fa:b481:d781%enp4s0]/test.html

When I enter URL http://[fe80::87f4:81fa:b481:d781%enp4s0]/test.html to
Chromium, I receive search from Google, that is not what I expect...
Chromium cannot handle IPv6 addresses with extension for network
interface. BTW, I run CURL and Chromium at the same PC

** Affects: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

[...]

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  local-link IPv6 address cannot be used

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu: