Public bug reported:

When I attempted to install "IDEA Community," gnome-software gave me an
error saying "Unable to install 'IDEA Community': forbidden," and then
less than a second later, I was prompted for my password, and upon
entering it in, the installation started without issue.

The problem is that the error occurred even though the download and
installation happened successfully WITHOUT my having to click on the
"install" button again, so this is a false error.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch GNOME Software Center
2. Click on IDEA Community
3. Click on the Install button
4. Notice that a "forbidden" error is raised and then you are prompted for a
password. Enter the password and find that the installation proceeds without
issue.

Expected Results:
Installation begins without any "Unable to install" messages

Actual Results:
"forbidden" error appears even though an authentication window appeared, and
entering the password correctly initiated the download and installation.

Ubuntu Release: 18.04 LTS

Package: gnome-software 3.28.1-0ubuntu4

Package: gnome-software 3.28.1-0ubuntu4
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
Architecture: amd64
Date: Fri Jun  8 19:43:03 2018
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
InstalledPlugins:
 gnome-software-plugin-flatpak N/A
 gnome-software-plugin-limba   N/A
 gnome-software-plugin-snap    3.28.1-0ubuntu4
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gnome-software

** Affects: gnome-software (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug bionic

** Attachment added: "This is a screenshot of the bug. I hope this helps!"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1775955/+attachment/5150440/+files/Screenshot%20from%202018-06-08%2019-43-32.png

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  I get an "Unable to install "IDEA Community": forbidden" error even
  though clicking the install button initiated the download and
  installation sucessfully

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu: