This is my first week using Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) and Python 2.7 and am
already bumping into a problem similar to that reported. In my case I open JPG
files of variable size, but in this case they are no more than 3Mb.
    I also create 3 processes to split the execution on a list that can get
very large when the project is finished, I do not believe this is the problem,
because the software runs fine on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and even with the
error message the images are presented.

   The following is part of the code:

Error in Python 2.7 executing by IDE PyCharm.

##############  CODE  ##########################

import webbrowser

shutil.move(src, dst)
webbrowser.open(dst)

(eog:4466): EOG-CRITICAL **: 06:49:00.874:
eog_list_store_get_pos_by_image: assertion 'EOG_IS_IMAGE (image)' failed

Packages, which is subscribed to eog in Ubuntu.

  EOG-CRITICAL **: eog_list_store_length: assertion `EOG_IS_LIST_STORE
  (store)' failed

Status in Eye of GNOME:
  Fix Released
Status in eog package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  when I run image viewer(eog) from commandline it gives me following error
when closing it....
  EOG-CRITICAL **: eog_list_store_length: assertion `EOG_IS_LIST_STORE (store)'
failed

  It reproduces every time I run it, independent of image file.
  either run as: gnome-open ref_scene7.png
  or $ eog ref_scene7.png