As seen in attached files, this is Xubuntu 18.04, where lightdm is
default, no significant local customization.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.
Unlocking existing session often requires several attempts.
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:
* Computer with several X sessions opened.
* Users switching from one opened session to another.
* Lightdm opens new greeter, wait for typing password.
* User types password.
* Password is accepted.
* System closes the current greeter (screen gets black for an instant).
* User gets back to their already opened session.
* System immediately opens another greeter.
* User has to type password again.
* Not always. At times, often, at other times, rare.
# Additional information
Users switch session via
dm-tool switch-to-user $OTHERUSER
but I guess bug appears with other means (like menu item like "lock screen",
# Information requested
Description: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
LC_ALL=C apt-cache policy lightdm
*** 1.26.0-0ubuntu1 500
500 http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 Packages
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: lightdm 1.26.0-0ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-23.25-generic 4.15.18
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-23-generic x86_64
Date: Tue Jun 12 14:14:52 2018
InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-05-25 (18 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
PATH=(custom, no user)
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp