Assigning to mutter/gnome-shell as that provides the login GUI.

When in a VT, please run 'lspci -k' and send us the output:

  lspci -k > output.txt

or take a photo of the output.

** Also affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: mutter (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: mutter (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.

  Every time I boot up ubuntu, the login screen looks like a static TV
  screen. This does not occur with other login manages, only gdm3

Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu Version 18.04 LTS

  gdm3:
      Installed: 3.28.0-0ubuntu1 500

  Package name: /etc/gdm3

  Whenever I boot Ubuntu following installation from the official
  install ISO, the boot screen appears, but the login manager appears as
  static, scrambled graphics, making me unable to login without opening
  the VT and installing lightdm and switching to that login manager.

  Expected Results:
  Login manager appears with login field, background, and menu while I am able
to find, click, and enter information into the login text fields.

  Actual Results:
  Scrambled noise appeared on my screen and I am unable to leave without
force-shutting down my Gateway PC, or opening a VT and installing lightdm,
rebooting afterwards.

  Package: gdm3 3.28.0-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri Jun  8 11:41:23 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=linux
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>