Mass closure: This bug has been untouched for more than six years, and
is not obviously still valid. Please file a new report if you continue
to experience issues with a current server.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  [9200SE] Incorrect default resolution with CRT over VGA

Status in xserver-xorg-driver-ati:
  Invalid
Status in xserver-xorg-video-ati package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I have two CRT monitors with a resolution of 1280x1024 at 60fps.  When
  I use the radeon driver for my Radeon 9200SE PCI, the resolution
  defaults to some widescreen res; although i still get graphical
  output, it isn't truly usable with 1/4 the screen chopped off..

  I don't know if the monitors have false hardware identification or
  what, but I need them to be 1280x1024.. and i'm not sure, but it looks
  like radeon is ignoring my mode settings in xorg.conf.

  Monitors: Cybervision C92, Gateway VX900.