I can confirm it as well. Occurred after upgrade to 18.04 (X and
Wayland), worked fine with 16.04 (on Gnome). Unfortunately this is a
core feature to my workflow, is there a workaround?

  In overview, windows from all workspaces are shown for the second
  display (when using "Workspaces span displays")

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Unknown

  I have disabled workspaces on primary display only, and I have enabled
  workspaces to span displays, in tweak tool.

  Now things mostly work how I expect. Windows are isolated to the
  workspace they are and I can move them between displays (monitors).
  The issue is if I go into an overview mode. Then, for the primary
  display, I see only windows from my current workspace. But for the
  secondary display, I see windows from all workspaces being shown in
  the overview mode.

  I would expect that only the windows from the current workspace are
  shown also on the secondary display in the overview mode.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME