Uhm, I'm using 18.04 and it's kind of working for me.
I have set my password in the VPN configuration, and set not to remember my 
password.
I first get prompted for my password and a few seconds later I get a second 
prompt for my Google Authenticator code.

The problem I'm facing is that if I set to remember my password, the
last input I entered (2FA code) overwrites the saved password, and next
time the old 2FA code is used instead of the password. I will report
this to a new ticket, I just wanted to let you know my experience in
case it helps you with yours.

Package: network-manager-gnome
Version: 1.8.10-2ubuntu1

Package: network-manager-openvpn
Version: 1.8.2-1

Package: network-manager-openvpn-gnome
Version: 1.8.2-1

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-openvpn in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1322728

Title:
  VPN Connection Failed With 2 Factor Authentication

Status in network-manager-openvpn package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Hi all,

  my setup is an openvpn access server with google 2 factor auth

  i was trying to connect to my VPN using the gnome openvpn module and
  get the following errors on syslog:

  May 23 22:23:00 laptop nm-openvpn[18049]: [OpenVPN Server] Peer Connection 
Initiated with [AF_INET]xx.xx.xx.xx:1194
  May 23 22:23:02 laptop nm-openvpn[18049]: AUTH: Received control message: 
AUTH_FAILED,CRV1:R,E:d1r12r21df232+owqrf23t23t23tCn:aXRf3r2s=:Enter Google 
Authenticator Code
  May 23 22:23:02 laptop nm-openvpn[18049]: SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] 
received, process exiting
  May 23 22:23:02 laptop NetworkManager[1043]: <warn> VPN plugin failed: 0

  i looked in the documentation but didn't found anything useful.

  any help will be appreciated

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager-openvpn/+bug/1322728/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to